Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, or Baba Saheb, was a social crusader, jurist and the chairperson of the drafting committee of the Constitution of India.
1) A people and their religion must be judged by social standards based on social ethics. No other standard would have any meaning if religion is held to be necessary good for the well-being of the people.
2) Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence.
3) Ours is a battle; Not for wealth, nor for power, Ours is battle; for freedom; For reclamation of human personality.
4) We are going to enter into a life of contradictions. In politics, we will have equality and in social and economic rights, we will have inequality. We must remove this contradiction or else who suffer from this inequality will blow up the structure.
5) So as long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you.
6) Educate. Agitate and Organise.
7) I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity.
8) Religion must mainly be a matter of principles only. It cannot be a matter of rules. The moment it degenerates into rules, it ceases to be a religion, as it kills responsibility which is an essence of the true religious act.
9) Law and Order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.
10) Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is not fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.
*The photos have been taken from different websites. Original Links have been provided.